When choosing a stairlift for your home, you’ll encounter various brands and models on the market. Two well-known names in the stairlift industry are Acorn and Stannah. In this comparative guide, we’ll explore the key differences between Acorn and Stannah stairlifts to help you make an informed decision that suits your needs.
About Acorn Stairlifts
Acorn Stairlifts is a global company with a presence in over 80 countries. They have been in the stairlift industry for several decades and are known for their focus on user-friendly designs and efficient installation processes.
About Stannah Stairlifts
Stannah Stairlifts, on the other hand, is a family-owned business founded in the 1860s. They have a long history of manufacturing and installing lifts and stairlifts. Stannah is known for its commitment to safety and quality.
Key Factors for Comparison
To decide between Acorn and Stannah stairlifts, consider the following factors:
1. Installation Process
- Acorn: Acorn stairlifts are typically known for their straightforward and quick installation process. They are often considered a good choice for homes requiring a stairlift installed in a short time frame.
- Stannah: Stannah emphasises the importance of professional installation. They have a network of trained technicians who ensure the stairlift is installed correctly and safely. This focus on professional installation can lead to a more protracted process but offers peace of mind regarding safety.
2. Customisation and Fit
- Acorn: Acorn stairlifts are often viewed as more modular and may have limited customisation options. They are designed to fit standard staircases.
- Stannah: Stannah offers a more personalised approach. They provide custom-fit stairlifts tailored to the specific dimensions of your staircase. This customisation ensures a snug fit and maximum safety.
3. Quality and Durability
- Acorn: Acorn stairlifts are known for their reliability and durability. They use quality materials and components in their products.
- Stannah: Stannah has a reputation for building robust and long-lasting stairlifts. Their focus on quality and craftsmanship is evident in their products.
4. Safety Features
- Acorn: Acorn stairlifts come equipped with essential safety features, including safety belts and sensors to detect obstacles on the stairs.
- Stannah: Stannah places a strong emphasis on safety. Their stairlifts feature various safety options, including pressure-sensitive controls, swivel seats, and obstruction sensors.
- Acorn: Acorn stairlifts are often perceived as more budget-friendly. They may be cost-effective for those with standard staircases and straightforward installation needs.
- Stannah: Stannah stairlifts tend to be in a higher price range due to their customisation and focus on quality and safety.
- Acorn: Acorn typically offers a warranty ranging from 1 to 5 years, depending on the model and location.
- Stannah: Stannah provides a comprehensive warranty, often covering the motor and gearbox for up to 10 years, highlighting their confidence in product longevity.
Choosing between Acorn and Stannah stairlifts ultimately depends on your needs and priorities. Acorn may be a suitable choice for those seeking a more budget-friendly option with a quicker installation process. On the other hand, Stannah is ideal for those who prioritise customisation, quality, and a strong emphasis on safety.
Before deciding, it’s advisable to consult with both companies, request quotes, and have a professional assessment of your staircase to determine which brand and model best meet your specific requirements. Additionally, reading user reviews and seeking recommendations from others who have installed stairlifts can provide valuable insights into the overall customer experience with each brand.