Raised Toilet Seats
It’s considerably less of a struggle to sit on and rise from a toilet with a higher seat. The raised toilet seats can have built-in armrests and grab bars to reduce knee and hip stress. A toilet seat raiser can be a great addition to make the bathroom more user-friendly.
Disclaimer* Please note some of the links on this page are affiliate links. Meaning if you click on them we receive a small commission.
Last Updated on April 6, 2023
What Do You Need To Know When Buying A Toilet Seat Raiser
When looking for a toilet seat raiser, you must decide what you need it for. Do you need a permanent solution or a portable solution? There are all sorts of toilet seat risers, and some great choices are out there.
How To Buy A Toilet Seat Raiser
The steps you need to take when buying a toilet seat riser are to measure the size of your toilet seat and then select the type of toilet seat raiser you need, such as a sponge raiser or a plastic riser.
Where To Buy A Toilet Seat Raiser
You can buy a toilet seat raiser by selecting one on this page or searching online and comparing different models.
What Are The Benefits Of Having A Toilet Seat Raiser?
The benefit of buying one is that you can increase the height of the toilet seat, meaning you don’t need to bend down as far, making the seat more accessible to people with limited mobility.
What Should I Look Out For When Choosing A Toilet Seat Raiser?
When shopping for a toilet seat riser, you should look for:
Our Pick of top Toilet Seat Raiser
Prima Lift Toilet Seat Raiser
The Prima Lift Toilet Seat Elevate is a covert way to add two inches of height to your toilet seat (5cm).
Etac Cloo Toilet Seat Raiser - Arm Supports
This product is fabricated to accommodate the Etac Cloo Seat Raise. The adjustable armrests may be folded up and secured if necessary.
Etac Cloo Toilet Seat Raiser with Arms
This style, like the more typical ones, makes using the toilet easy for persons with movement impairments in their legs.
Jasmin Care 4cm Seat Raiser - Elongated Bidet
This seated raiser makes sitting on and rising from the toilet much easier.
What Is A Raised Toilet Seat That Can Aid Disabled People?
A raised toilet seat for disabled people is a device that is designed to fit on top of a standard toilet bowl to increase the height of the toilet seat. This is especially helpful for individuals with limited mobility, balance issues, or disabilities that make it difficult to sit down or stand up from a low toilet seat.
Raised toilet seats can come in different heights, typically 2 to 6 inches, and can be made from plastic, foam, or cushioned materials. They often have secure locking mechanisms to ensure they remain in place and stable.
Raised toilet seats can be an affordable and practical solution for individuals with disabilities or mobility issues who cannot use a standard toilet seat safely or comfortably. They can also be easily removed for cleaning and storage, making them a convenient option for home use or for travel.
How To Find Raised Toilet Seats For Disabled People
There are several ways to find raised toilet seats for disabled people:
- Medical supply stores: Local medical supply stores often carry a variety of bathroom aids, including raised toilet seats. You can visit these stores in person and see the different options available, and the staff may also be able to provide recommendations based on your specific needs.
- Online retailers: Many specialise in disability aids and medical supplies and offer a wide selection of raised toilet seats. These retailers may also provide product reviews and customer feedback, which can help make decisions.
- Manufacturer websites: Some manufacturers of raised toilet seats have their own websites where you can browse their products and specifications. These sites may also provide information on properly installing and using the products.
- Occupational therapists or physical therapists: If you are working with an occupational therapist or physical therapist, they may be able to recommend specific brands or types of raised toilet seats based on your individual needs and limitations.
When choosing a raised toilet seat, it’s important to consider factors such as height, weight capacity, and additional features such as armrests or padding. It’s also important to ensure that the raised toilet seat is compatible with your existing toilet bowl and installed correctly for maximum stability and safety.
Key Things About A Disabled Toilet Seat
A disabled toilet seat, also known as an accessible toilet seat, is designed to accommodate individuals with disabilities or mobility issues. Here are some key things to know about disabled toilet seats:
- Height: Disabled toilet seats are typically higher than standard toilet seats, making it easier for individuals with limited mobility to sit down and stand up. Depending on the user’s needs, they can range in height from 2 to 6 inches or more.
- Weight capacity: Disabled toilet seats are often reinforced to support the weight of individuals with disabilities. It’s important to check the weight capacity of a toilet seat before purchasing it to ensure it can safely support the user’s weight.
- Features: Disabled toilet seats can come with various features, including armrests, padding, and non-slip surfaces, to provide additional support and comfort for the user.
- Installation: Disabled toilet seats can be installed in various ways, including over the existing toilet seat, directly onto the toilet bowl, or with a frame that attaches to the floor. It’s important to ensure the toilet seat is installed correctly and securely to prevent accidents.
- Accessibility requirements: Public buildings and facilities are often required to provide accessible toilets that meet specific accessibility requirements, including toilet seat height, grab bar placement and doorway width. These requirements may vary depending on the country or region.
Overall, disabled toilet seats can provide a more comfortable and accessible bathroom experience for individuals with disabilities or mobility issues. When choosing a disabled toilet seat, it’s important to consider the user’s needs and limitations and any applicable accessibility requirements.
How To Find The Best Toilet Seat For Bariatric PeopleIn The UK
To find the best toilet seat for a heavy person in the UK, here are some steps to follow:
- Check the weight capacity: Look for toilet seats with a weight capacity that can support the user’s weight. Most toilet seats have a weight capacity of around 300 lbs, but heavy-duty options can support up to 500 lbs or more.
- Consider the size: Look for toilet seats that are wider and more spacious to accommodate larger individuals. Some toilet seats may also have a wider front opening to provide more room and comfort.
- Look for reinforced construction: Use toilet seats reinforced with additional materials, such as metal or plastic, to provide extra strength and support.
- Check the installation requirements: Make sure the toilet seat is compatible with your existing toilet bowl and that the installation requirements are manageable. Some toilet seats may require professional installation or additional hardware.
- Look for additional features: Consider other features such as armrests, padding, and non-slip surfaces to provide extra comfort and support.
- Read reviews: Look for reviews and feedback from other customers who have used the toilet seat to understand its performance and durability.
- Consider purchasing from a reputable brand: Look for toilet seats from reputable brands known for their quality and durability.
By following these steps, you can find the best toilet seat for a heavy person in the UK, providing the necessary support and comfort for a safe and comfortable bathroom experience.
What Features Makes The Best Raised Toilet Seat?
When looking for the best-raised toilet seat in the UK, there are several features to consider:
- Height: The raised toilet seat height is important, as it should provide enough lift for the user to sit comfortably and stand. Look for a seat that offers a height that suits the user’s needs.
- Weight capacity: Look for a raised toilet seat with a weight capacity that can support the user’s weight. Many models have a weight capacity of 300 lbs or more.
- Comfort: Look for a raised toilet seat designed with comfort in mind. Consider features such as padding or contouring to provide additional comfort for the user.
- Stability: Stability is crucial for a raised toilet seat, as you should securely fasten it to the toilet bowl to prevent accidents. Look for a model that has a secure locking mechanism to ensure stability.
- Easy installation: Look for a raised toilet seat that is easy to install and compatible with the user’s existing toilet bowl. Some models may require professional installation or additional hardware, so check the installation requirements before purchasing.
- Durability: Look for a raised toilet seat made from durable materials, such as plastic or metal, to ensure longevity and stability.
- Additional features: Consider other features such as armrests or non-slip surfaces to provide extra support and safety for the user.
Considering these features, you can find the best-raised toilet seat in the UK that meets the user’s needs and provides a safe and comfortable bathroom experience.
Can You Get A Folding Raised Toilet Seat?
Yes, folding raised toilet seats are available on the market. They are designed to be easily folded and stored when not in use, which is particularly useful for individuals who may need to travel with their toilet seat or for those with limited bathroom space. Folding raised toilet seats can come in various heights and weight capacities. Many models also include additional features such as armrests or non-slip surfaces to provide extra support and safety for the user. When choosing a folding raised toilet seat, it’s important to ensure that it is securely fastened to the toilet bowl and meets the user’s specific needs and requirements.
Toilet Seat Raiser Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Make My Toilet Seat Higher?
You can make your toilet seat higher by buying a toilet seat raiser. There is a whole range of toilet seat raisers above.
What Is The Purpose Of A Toilet Seat Raiser?
If you have mobility problems or are weak, you may have trouble getting to the bathroom. Increasing seat height can improve comfort when sitting on the toilet. This assistance makes it far less difficult to sit on and get up from the toilet seat, making using the bathroom much more difficult.
What Do You Call A Raised Toilet Seat?
Use a raised toilet seat in place of or in addition to a regular toilet seat, which may be preferable if you are above six feet tall. Elevated toilet seats (or raised toilet seats) are built to keep the user’s feet off the floor and away from the commode, reducing the risk of injury.
What Is A Seat Riser?
Raised toilet seats, often called toilet risers or toilet seat risers, are mobility aids that increase the height of a regular toilet seat to make it more comfortable for those with limited movement or the elderly.
How To Install Toilet Seat Riser?
- Remove the old toilet seat.
- Attach the new toilet seat raiser following the instructions they provide you
- Attach the lid
How Does A Toilet Seat Riser Work?
A Toilet Seat Raiser increases the height of the toilet seat. Being composed of thick plastic, toilet seat risers can increase the toilet by a few inches.
How To Measure Your Toilet For A Toilet Seat Riser?
The average person’s standing height is the vertical distance from the floor to the top of their thigh. A chair at that height would be ideal. Take another measurement, but take the seat height into account.
Useful Information on Raised Toilet Seats
Quick Answers Accessibility Upgrade: Raiser toilet seats provide a practical solution for making standard toilets usable for individuals with mobility issues, enhancing accessibility in bathrooms. Height Adjustment Convenience: Elevate the height of your toilet seat...