Mobility Hoist Insurance
Mobility hoists play an indispensable role for those who require assistance in transferring from one location to another, especially from a bed to a wheelchair or other seated devices. With such a pivotal function, the necessity to insure these devices becomes evident.
Last Updated on November 9, 2023
What is a Mobility Hoist and Why Insure It?
A mobility hoist is an equipment designed to help transfer people with limited mobility. They come in various forms, including ceiling hoists and portable hoists. Given their significant cost and crucial role in ensuring user safety, insuring a mobility hoist safeguards against unexpected expenses and damages.
Key Benefits of Mobility Hoist Insurance
- Financial Protection from Unforeseen Damages
- Insurance provides a safety net against the unexpected financial burden of repairs or replacements due to damages, theft, or malfunctions.
- Peace of Mind for Users and Owners
- Knowing that the mobility hoist is insured grants both users and owners the tranquillity to focus on other important matters, ensuring the device’s longevity and reliability.
Understanding the Coverage: What’s Included?
Standard Inclusions in Most Insurance Policies
Most policies offer:
- Coverage against accidental damage.
- Theft or loss coverage.
- Repair or replacement costs.
- Third-party liability in case of damages or injuries caused by the hoist.
Optional Add-Ons Worth Considering
For more comprehensive protection, consider add-ons like:
- Extended warranty coverage.
- Global protection for those travelling abroad with their hoist
- Breakdown assistance
Cost of Mobility Hoist Insurance: Factors Affecting Premiums
Type and Value of the Mobility Hoist
Premiums may vary depending on whether you have a portable hoist or a fixed ceiling hoist. The market value of the hoist can also influence the premium amount.
Usage and Storage Conditions
Frequent use or storing the hoist in conditions prone to damage can affect the premiums. Proper storage in a controlled environment may lead to reduced rates.
Claiming Insurance: The Step-by-Step Process
- Report the Damage/Theft: Notify the insurance company immediately after noticing the damage or theft.
- Gather Necessary Documents: Have the purchase receipt, photos of the damage, or police reports (if applicable) ready.
- Fill Out Claim Forms: Complete any necessary paperwork required by the insurance company.
- Assessment: The insurance company may send an assessor to gauge the extent of the damage.
- Settlement: Upon approval, the company will either pay for repairs, replace the hoist, or provide compensation.
How to Choose the Right Insurance Provider
Reviews, Reputation, and Customer Service
Selecting a provider involves more than just comparing prices. Look into customer reviews, gauge the company’s reputation in the market, and ensure they offer excellent customer service, especially during claims.
Frequently Asked Questions on Mobility Hoist Insurance
Is regular wear and tear covered?
Typically, no, but some policies might offer extended coverage for this.
Can I get a policy if I bought my hoist second-hand?
Yes, but conditions might differ from new equipment policies.
Tips for Maintaining Your Mobility Hoist to Minimise Claims
- Regularly inspect for signs of wear and tear.
- Store the hoist in a clean, dry place.
- Follow manufacturer guidelines for operation and maintenance.
The True Value of Mobility Hoist Insurance for Owners and Users
Mobility hoist insurance isn’t just about financial coverage; it’s about ensuring continuous support for those relying on hoists. A comprehensive insurance policy assures users and owners that in the face of unexpected incidents, their mobility and safety remain uncompromised.