Bed Rails And Bumpers
You may increase the security and steadiness of your bed by raising one or both sides with a bed rail. If you have bed rails, it’s much easier to go from a wheelchair to the bed and back. Bed rails and bumpers can help keep people safe in their beds and reduce falls.
Disclaimer* Please note some of the links on this page are affiliate links. Meaning if you click on them we receive a small commission.
Last Updated on September 18, 2023
What Do You Need To Know When Buying Bed Rails And Bumpers?
When buying bed rails or bumpers, you need to understand what you need them for. If you want to add extra protection on the side, then bed bumpers may be best, but if you want to stop people from falling out, bed rails may be best.
How To Buy A Bed Rails And Bumpers
The best way to buy bed rails and bumpers is to shop online and go to a mobility shop to see them and see what product is best suited to you.
Where To Buy A Bed Rails And Bumpers
You can find some bed rails and bumpers available online, and we have selected some that can help you on this page.
What Are The Benefits Of Having Bed Rails And Bumpers?
The benefits of bed rails and bed bumpers are to stop people from falling out of bed and to keep them safe while sleeping.
What Should I Look Out For When Choosing A Bed Rails And Bumpers?
When shopping for bed rails and bumpers, you should look for:
- Amount of protection
Bed Bumpers Vs Bed Rails
Bed bumpers are far softer and less intrusive and provide a soft barrier on the bed but can be less secure. Bed rails are much harder but can do a better job of keeping people in bed.
Bed Rail Bumpers For The Elderly
The elderly can benefit from bed rail bumpers as they can stop them elderly from falling out of their bed and getting injured.
Our Pick of top Bed rails and bumpers
Full-Length Bedside Bumpers
These Full-Length Mattress Bumpers are the industry’s standard for profiling beds of any size.
Connected Cot Side Bumpers Set - Full-Length
This full-length set of Connected Cot Side Bumpers improves the security of standard cot bumpers by closing the space between the bed’s side and the mattress.
Connected Cot Side Bumpers Set
The Connected Cot Side Bumpers Set is preferable to standard cot bumpers because it eliminates the space between the bed’s side and the mattress.
Quilted Bed Cot Bumpers - 760mm - 2000mm
The ultra-plush polyester used in constructing this pair of Quilted Bed Cot Bumpers ensures that its user will never want a more relaxing nap.
Can You Get Bed Bumper For Adults?
Yes, you can get bed bumpers for adults. They are used in nursing homes, hospitals, and home care settings to provide safety and security. Various types and sizes of bed bumpers are available. Choosing the appropriate size and type of bed bumper is important based on individual needs and preferences.
What Can Bed Rails For Adults Do?
Bed rails for adults, also known as bed safety rails or bed assist rails, are designed to help prevent falls and support people with difficulty getting in and out of bed. They attach to the bed frame and provide a barrier that can help keep the person from rolling out of bed, which can be especially important for individuals at risk of injury due to limited mobility or cognitive impairments. When getting in and out of bed, bed rails may offer a firm surface to grip. Some versions even include extra features like built-in storage or adjustable height options. Adult bed rails may be a crucial safety measure for anyone needing additional support and aid when sleeping.
Features Of Bed Bumpers For Adults
Bed bumpers for adults typically have the following features:
- Height: Bed bumpers are designed to be tall enough to prevent adults from accidentally rolling out of bed. The height can vary but is usually around 18 inches.
- Material: Bed bumpers are usually made from foam or soft fabric, designed to be gentle on the skin and comfortable to lean against.
- Installation: Most bed bumpers are easy to install and can be attached to the bed frame using straps or other fasteners. Some bumpers are also designed to be adjustable to fit different bed sizes.
- Portability: Some bed bumpers are designed to be portable, so they can be taken with you when travelling or staying in a different bed.
- Safety: Bed bumpers should be designed with safety in mind, with no sharp edges or hard surfaces that could cause injury if someone accidentally bumps into them.
- Ease of use: Bed bumpers should be easy to use, with no complicated buttons or mechanisms that could confuse users.
Overall, bed bumpers for adults are designed to provide safety and comfort for people who are at risk of falling out of bed or needing extra support while sleeping.
How To Find A Adult Bed Guard
To find an adult bed guard, you can follow these steps:
- Determine the type of bed guard you need: There are various types of bed guards available, such as inflatable bed rails, foam bed bumpers, and adjustable bed rails. Consider your specific needs and preferences before selecting a bed guard.
- Consult with a healthcare professional: If you have specific medical needs, it is recommended to consult with a healthcare professional, such as an occupational therapist or a physical therapist, who can guide you in selecting an appropriate bed guard.
- Research and compare products: Look for bed guards online or visit a local medical supply store for options. Compare prices, features, and reviews before making a decision.
- Check the weight capacity: Ensure the bed guard supports the user’s weight.
- Consider the size of the bed guard: The bed guard should fit your bed properly to ensure safety.
- Check the installation process: Make sure the bed guard is easy to install and use.
- Read the warranty: Ensure the bed guard has a warranty to protect your investment.
- Purchase and install the bed guard: Once you have selected the bed guard that meets your needs, follow the instructions carefully to ensure it is properly installed and safe to use.
Bed rails and bumpers Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Role Of Bed Rail Bumpers?
They created bed rail bumpers to profile beds to prevent the user’s limbs from getting trapped in the rail, a frequent source of significant injury. These protectors, commonly offered in pairs, help cushion the user on both sides of the bed, potentially minimising the chance of injury.
What Are The Alternatives To Bed Rails?
Roll guards, foam bumpers, a reduced bed height, and concave mattresses are some solutions that you may use to reduce the risk of injury from falling out of bed. Those at a high risk of entrapment and falls should not have bedside rails installed without constant supervision.
When Should You Not Use Bed Rails?
Certain people do not need bed railings. Residents who are agitated, confused, disoriented, uncomfortable, have uncontrolled body movement and need toilet help are in the most danger.
Are Bed Rails Dangerous?
You might seriously endanger yourself if you try to scale a railing- injuries could include broken skin, puncture wounds, and bruises. So make sure there are correct safety measures in place.
Are There Bed Rails For Adjustable Beds?
People who use adjustable beds can maintain their mobility and independence by using a simple, low-cost grab-hold device on the side of the bed.
Useful Information on Bed Rails
Quick Answers Enhancing Bed Safety: Explore the role of bed rails in preventing falls and improving bed safety. The Bed Rail Buying Guide provides insights into various bed rail options available in the market. Understanding Bed Rail Bumpers: Learn about the...
Quick Answers Adjustable Height and Profiling: The best profiling care beds offer versatile height adjustments and profiling features, ensuring safe transfers, caregiver access, and personalized positioning for individual comfort and support. Electric Motorised...