Amplified phones enhance the clarity and volume of telephone conversations, making communication easier for individuals with hearing impairments. Selecting the right amplified phone is crucial if you have mild hearing loss or require significant amplification. This buying guide will explore key considerations to help you make an informed decision when purchasing an amplified phone.
Top Amplified Phones
Amplified phones offer various levels of volume boost, typically measured in decibels (dB). Determine the level of amplification that suits your hearing needs and preferences. Some phones also provide adjustable volume settings.
Tone Control and Equalization:
Evaluate the tone control and equalisation features of the amplified phone. These features allow you to adjust the tone and frequency response, enhancing speech clarity and making conversations easier to understand. Look for phones offering tone control options to match your hearing requirements.
Hearing Aid Compatibility:
Check if the amplified phone is compatible with hearing aids. Look for phones compatible with both T-coil (telecoil) and microphone settings of hearing aids. This compatibility ensures a seamless experience and reduces interference or feedback during phone conversations.
Visual Alert Features:
Assess the visual alert features of the amplified phone. Some phones include visual indicators, such as flashing lights or vibrating alerts, to notify you of incoming calls. These features benefit individuals with hearing impairments who may not rely solely on auditory cues.
Caller ID and Call Display:
Consider the availability of caller ID and call display features on the amplified phone. These features allow you to identify incoming callers, making screening and prioritising important ones easier. Look for phones with large, easy-to-read displays for convenient caller identification.
Answering Machine or Voicemail Compatibility:
Determine if the amplified phone has an integrated answering machine or compatibility with voicemail services. This feature allows you to retrieve and listen to messages at your convenience. Consider the storage capacity of the answering machine and the ease of accessing messages.
Look for amplified phones with one-touch speed dial buttons or programmable memory buttons. These buttons allow you to quickly dial frequently called numbers without manually entering the entire phone number each time.
Cordless or Corded Options:
Decide whether you prefer a cordless or corded amplified phone. Cordless phones offer greater mobility, allowing you to move around while talking, while corded phones provide a constant power source and do not require battery charging. Consider your specific needs and preferences when choosing between the two options.
Set a budget for your amplified phone purchase and compare prices from different suppliers. When evaluating the price, consider the overall value offered, including the amplification level, compatibility features, and additional functionalities.
Read customer reviews and ratings of the amplified phones you are considering. Reviews can provide insights into the phone’s performance, sound quality, durability, and overall satisfaction from other users.
Summary Of Amplified Phones Buying Guide
By considering these factors and researching different amplified phones, you can select a suitable communication device that meets your hearing needs for amplification, tone control, compatibility, and additional features. Always test the phone’s functionality and consult with the manufacturer or a qualified professional if you have questions or concerns regarding amplified phone selection or usage.
- Best Phone for Hard of Hearing – This home telephone has an adjustable ringer volume that can be increased up to 90 db. This is louder than a power lawnmower! The phone also includes a visual ring indicator, making incoming calls even harder to miss! When on a call the the audio can also be increased by 35dB, making conversations easier to hear and follow! The phone also has a built in hands free function.
- Direct Memory Buttons – The BigTel 1502 home telephone included 3 simple to use direct memory buttons. This allows elderly relatives or friends to simply call their nearest and dearest at the click of a button.
- Big Buttons – Memory buttons and dialling keys are all extra large allowing them to be easily seen. Ideal for the visually impaired or the unsteady hands of any older relatives of friends in need of a bit of extra help.
- Large Character Display – The large character backlit display allows incoming calls to be easily seen. Combined with the extra large buttons, making a call is also easier than ever for the hard of sight.
- Additional Handset Included – The Bigtel 1502 system comes with an additional handset, allowing a phone can be also placed by a bed or in another room to the main phone. Helping to reduce the chance of missing a call and meaning a phone is never to far away if needed.
- PHOTO BUTTONS – 6 large photo memory buttons including SOS button, allows the user to clearly see who they are trying to contact. Elderly friends and relatives are now only a click away from containing their nearest and dearest.
- LARGE BUTTONS – Photo memory buttons and dialling keys are all extra large, displaying photos and numbers. Ideal for the visually impaired or unsteady hands of any older relatives of friends in need of a bit of extra help.
- EXTRA LOUD -This home telephone has an adjustable ringer volume that can be increased up to 80 db. That is the equivalent to a car wash or electric blender. Volume is also easily adjustable. The 1110 is also hearing aid compatible.
- CALL INDICATOR – Large built in LED incoming call indicator allows all incoming calls to be easily seen! Meaning any calls are a lot less likely to be missed.
- SWISSVOICE – Swissvoice are proud to develop a range of products to simplify and improve the lives of the hard of hearing and sight, to help keep families and friends connected. Specialising in landline phones, mobile phones and doorbells.
- Nuisance Call Block* 1) – Block unwanted calls by registering up to 1000 nuisance numbers, such as telemarketers. Also allows you to block up 1000 specified numbers.
- Hearing Aid Compatible – HAC Support. Optimised to work with your hearing aid.
- Large dial, illuminated keypad and large white backlit LCD – Enhanced clearer buttons for ease of use.
- Quick Volume Control – Easy to use dedicated volume buttons on the side of the headset for easy control during talking.
- Amplified Sound – Yes (+6 dB vs standard Panasonic DECT phones).
- Ease for Everyone: Our big button phone for the elderly is ideal as a dementia aids and equipment. Large buttons and photo stickers make this a basic landline phone that’s simple to use.
- Extra loud: Specifically designed as a landline phone for seniors, enjoy 20dB volume boost and hearing aid compatibility for crystal-clear conversations.
- Peace of Mind, Always: With our SOS emergency button, this phone doubles as a valuable piece of dementia aids and equipment, offering quick dialing to crucial contacts.
- Alerts You Can’t Miss: As a landline phone for seniors, our extra loud ringer and visual indicators ensure you’ll never miss important calls, adapting to your lifestyle.
- Total Volume Control: This corded landline phone lets you adjust handset, speaker, and ringer volume, making it a versatile hands-free landline phone for all needs.
- 【Senior Friendly Design】Hearing aid compatible comfort phone with 6 large photo buttons, extra loud ringtone and other supportive special functions for seniors and people with visual impairment
- 【LED Light Bar Notification】 Incoming calls are displayed visually via an LED light bar in addition to the extra loud ringtone
- 【6 Photos Speed Dial Button】Six freely programmable photo keys with space for six pictures of your own choice and four direct dial buttons make calls from important people easier
- 【Big Buttons】The large buttons make it easier for seniors to recognise the numbers and select the interviewers
- 【Loud Ringer & Adjustable Speaker Volume】The extra loud ringtone up to 90 dB, the adjustable call volume can be increased by 40 dB with the boost function during the conversation